Monday, February 25, 2013

l.o.v.e.

So, last Friday I wrote about showers and how nice people were to throw them for us and give gifts.  However, I thought I knew but I had no idea...people are so loving and generous!  Aaron and I had a fabulous couple shower this weekend.  It was touching to see how happy people were for us even though the majority of them had never even met me, yet they accepted me with open arms.  It was so fun hearing the hilarious stories about Aaron and then things took a more serious note as people told me how highly they think of Aaron, what an amazing person he is and how lucky I am to be marrying him.  It was also really touching to see how close these ladies were, they were mostly elementary school teachers who worked with Aaron's mom who is also a teacher.  They'd known each other for years and the strength of their friendship showed as they all sat laughing and recounting memories together.  They served the most delicious food (red velvet cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, ham biscuits) and the decorations were beautiful.  I can't wait until I'm sent some pics so I can share them with you all.  Lastly, the gifts we got were amazing.  I hate to say it because I don't want to sound greedy, but at the same time I have to give credit where it's due, right?  It would be totally crazy of me not to say that the gifts were fabulous and we are so lucky to be starting out with these killer things for our home.  A third of our Bed Bath and Beyond registry has been knocked out, y'all.  I can't wait to get in Aaron's kitchen, give it a thorough cleaning, pack his hodgepodge away and replace it with shiny, new, quality items.  It will be a glorious day!

1 comment:

  1. Aw yay!!! I had about the opposite experience being a bride to be.. We were given one shower by my mother in law because I guess we're the type of people to do anything for anyone but it's not the opposite way. So enjoy every single minute of this blessing and know that your love is special and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete