Friday, September 7, 2012

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

So, for the past 2 weeks I have been working 11 hours each day, from 6am to 5pm.  Last weekend, I was off, but this weekend I'll be going in Sunday.  It is no overstatement to say I am exhausted.  I have bad sleep hygiene-I usually go to bed around 12.  I think it's because I feel so pressed to do what I want to do when I get home, yet I work slowly because I'm so tired, so by the time I feel complete it's 10:30 and then I have to get ready for bed and then talk to Aaron on the phone...ugh.  Thankfully next week I'll be moving to the outpatient clinic with better hours.  Still, being in Wilmington is a bummer for the following reasons:

-it's not unusual to find a bug, live or dead, in the apartment that I'm in (school provided)
-I missed Aaron's birthday yesterday and had to settle for talking to him over the phone
-I'm trying to make new friends in Raleigh yet it's hard because I'm there so inconsistently

So yes...I'm ready to go home...then I'll be ready to leave home and get married!  I feel like medical school is putting a hold on my life, I know the end is near, but I'm too, too ready for it.

So, we're done with the pity party.  Onto wedding updates!!!

vintage and lace inspiration photo

We got a DJ.  That was a tough one.  Some DJs were charging over a thousand dollars and not only was that not in the budget, but I didn't think it was worth it.  No offense, spinning music is an art but it isn't brain surgery or anything...I refuse to pay you $300 an hour as few people quoted me.  Not to mention one DJ was a serious jerk and quoted me $1300, and then I found him DJing for another company for $950!!  I confronted him and he gave me some lame excuse, scammer.
So, we finally picked a DJ who was nice, friendly, maintained good communication and had great reviews.  His name is DJ XL and here's his site.  I have lots of confidence in him and I'm totally excited!

I asked my songstresses.  I really want to let our friends and family know how grateful we are to have them be able to see Aaron and I marry each other and celebrate with us.  I figure the best way to do that is to include them in the ceremony!  I asked two of my friends to sing, Emily and Andrea.  Emily and I met in kindergarten and she later introduced me to Aaron!  She's a wonderful friend and excellent dance partner haha!  Andrea is one of my college girlfriends and we've stayed close and in good contact despite now being on different sides of the country..not an easy feat.  I'm going to let the girls choose their own songs and honestly I have no idea what people typically sing at a wedding.  Here's what I found online
I Swear-John Michael Montgomery, redone by All-4-One
I'll Be-Edwin McCain (I absolutely LOVE this song)
Ribbon In the Sky-Stevie Wonder
Basic religious songs..??
Obviously, each girl knows her singing style and capability the best and needs to pick her own song!  Just trying to throw out some suggestions, hopefully they'll come up with some suggestions as well and together we can come to an agreement on a song.

bouquet inspiration


What's next?
Wedding dress and shoes-dress is in, not picked up yet (next weekend!) and shoes have been ordered from Endless, yipee!!!
Finalizing guest list-currently working on ugh
Sending Save the Dates-ordered a sample :-)
Finding a cake lady-haven't even started yet!
Registering-currently dreaming of it!!!  I went back and forth on registering for China, but I think I'll bite the bullet.  I love entertaining and I'm not sure how I'd be able to to afford a set without a registry.  Aaron and I already have a lot of house things because Aaron lives alone and my mom is a pack-rat, so I hope to keep our registry short and simple.

Beautiful Wedgewood China I'm thinking of registering for!

No comments:

Post a Comment